Tango-Tiger

Forum
Aktuelle Zeit: Mo 6. Mai 2024, 09:28

Alle Zeiten sind UTC

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Bill Borrows Column: Spurs not fit for their boots plus, Ars
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 20. Okt 2014, 11:36 

<strong><a href="http://www.nikefreerun0.com/">Nike Air Max</a></strong>
<br>
<strong><a href="http://www.nikefreerun0.com/">Nike Factory Outlet</a></strong>
<br>
<a href="http://www.nikefreerun0.com/">nike cheap nike</a>
nike cheap nike
cheap nike shoes
Bill Borrows Column: Spurs not fit for their boots plus, Arsenal&#039;s plank
By Bill Borrows ( @billborrows ) | Thursday, November 28, 2013
nike This column appears in the current edition of Sport magazine.   Download the free Sport iPad app from the Apple Newsstand , and follow on  Twitter @Sportmaguk
football boots I tired of players wearing garish football boots at some point in the mid 1990s. Indeed, I put my objection to a well-known Premier League manager of the time.
Nike Air Max "I've a dressing room full of the prima donna [expletives deleted] downstairs," he said. "If I had a pound for every time I've told them to worry about their day job rather than what they are wearing on their [another expletive deleted] feet, I'd be able to retire."
<a href="http://www.nikefreerun0.com">nike factory store</a> He was sacked a week later.
nike outlet shoes for sale The thought recurred on Sunday, as Manchester City demolished a Tottenham team that long-suffering Spurs fan and talkSPORT presenter Paul Hawksbee described in a heartfelt text as "gutless and pitiful." In what might have been the most wounding response I've ever sent a fellow football fan, I just said: "Sorry."
nike outlet shoes for sale Every team can have a bad day at the office (and I'm thinking City at Cardiff, Villa and Sunderland here), but if you're going to turn up at the ground of the only team in the top four divisions with a perfect home record, the best you can do is keep your head down and go about your business with an anxious but ruthless discipline.
That is to say, don't turn up attempting to flatter to deceive like 80 per cent of the Spurs back five, with luminous football boots that seemed to scream: "Look at me, aren't I the dog's nuts?"
Alvaro Negredo can wear whatever he wants on his feet - he scores goals - but when you are part of a zonal defensive unit stumbling around like a hen party from Sunderland on a ferry back from Calais, you need camouflage boots - not 'hi-viz' anything. When 40,000-plus people are taking the piss out of your choice of footwear, something's wrong.
Alex Ferguson used to insist that the young players at Old Trafford wore old-school black boots until they had proved themselves on the pitch. When Alan Ball wore white boots, he'd already won the World Cup.
When Alan Hinton - yeah, me neither - wore a pair while playing for Derby County under Brian Clough, he at least had the good grace to explain: "The background to me wearing them was simple. A company called Hummel approached me and offered me a grand... I also supplied Marks &amp; Spencer quality seconds pullovers to Cloughie [as a business sideline]."
You've got to earn the right to the wear the boots. But perhaps not that literally.
PLANK OF THE WEEK Wojciech Szczesny , Norf Larndon
Not satisfied with possessing the highest-value Scrabble surname in the Premier League - 31 points to the aggrieved Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Adnan Januzaj (an embarrassing 30 each) - Szczesny has taken to social media to belittle Tottenham. "Wonderful scenes at the Etihad," he tapped into his mobile phone on Sunday, seemingly unaware that Arsenal are supposed to define themselves by rather more exacting criteria than just finishing above Tottenham.
Tags: Bill Borrows Tottenham Hotspur Wojciech Szczesny Arsenal Sport Magazine Alvaro Negredo
Click here to get up to £25 free matched bet with William Hill

Live commentaries on talkSPORT
Most viewed
Six players to leave Man United in Schmeichel&#039;s recommended clear out
Arsenal transfer news: sign these targets, win the title?
Robin van Persie tries to force a move back to Arsenal on Fakebook
Tottenham transfer news: Five Romanian stars AVB might be plotting to sign for Spurs
Pellegrini says sorry to Man City fans for Champions League ‘blunder’
Pictures: Is Jose Mourinho turning into Mr Bean?
Why Lionel Messi being sold by Barcelona is possible
Wimbledon champion Andy Murray on an historic year
What is the greatest anthem in sport? Vote now!
Arsenal transfer latest: Gunners to move for striker and miss out on youngster?
Roy Keane&#039;s best put downs: Ferdinand, Fergie, Young and more verbal assaults
At least Man City&#039;s maths in Munich didn&#039;t get them relegated!
AVB distances Tottenham star from January loan move
Video: Tottenham attempt to make Sandro cry
Mourinho claims Man United still have Premier League title chance
Video: Sergio Ramos - ladies man!
Home
About
Advertise
Apps
Contact
Competition Rules
Follow Us
How to listen
Newsletter
Press
Privacy
RSS
Sitemap
Syndication
Terms
© talkSPORT Ltd or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.
Back to top &#9650;
Nike Air Max
<a href="http://www.nikefreerun0.com/">Nike Factory Outlet</a>

<a href="http://Monsterbeatsbydrdreoutlet65.webs.com"> nike blog </a>

nike

About nikefreerun0.com blog

Alle Zeiten sind UTC